Friday, August 8, 2008

Now, I'm Exhausted!

I truly am wiped out. This week has been crazy at work, and next week shows no signs of being any different. In fact, if anything, it will be slightly worse. I guess it doesn't help that I am not super-excited about my job these days. I suppose it also doesn't help that I don't work on Fridays, but there is no way I could give that up right now. Sometimes, I think it is all that keeps me sane in my crazy work world with a job I don't love right now.
Anyway, other than work being crazy, I think that part of my exhaustion comes from chasing Carter around these days. He is really into everything! Last night, in the time it took me to unpack bottles from his cooler from school, this is what he decided to do:
He was so proud and having the best time. He had the cabinet open too, but shut it just as I took the picture. {The bottom drawer is bottles and sippies, so I always let him play in there anyway.}
Carter is still loving climbing the stairs, and no, we still haven't managed to put a gate at the bottom. I have a project list a mile long and absolutely zero motivation to tackle it. I suppose that keeping mychild safe should be all the motivation I need, huh?
Carter has also started getting into a standing position on his own this week. For a while now, he has been able to stand on his own when he lets go of something or when you set him down on his feet. But just this week, he pushed himself up from the floor when I was sitting next to him, balanced himself, looked at me like "what have I just done?", and when I said "Yea," he started clapping! (and remained standing!) It is too fun too watch.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leigh Collins said...

I can totally relate! That's why I put all sippy cups and tupperware in the bottom cabinets/drawers!But, not to start any rumors, it sounds like you're pregnant! Tired, not excited about work, no motivation, etc.! Just an insight!???!!Ha Ha!!!Just kidding!

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

Isn't it fun having kids to destroy your otherwise clean house? My absolute favorite is when Emily will mess something up I just finished putting away! Think it's bad now? Just wait until he's walking...there's no hope here anymore!

Hope work gets better soon for you! Thanks for stopping by our site...appreciate the comments so much! Yes, Heather is a huge memory to my old, loved job. She is such a great friend too!