Saturday, August 16, 2008

Into Everything **updated**

Carter is definitely making the transition from baby to toddler. The picture above is Carter trying to climb into Nick's lap last night because he wanted to push the keys on the computer. He is really into everything these days, and lets us know when he wants something. Unfortunately, right now that involves a fair amount of whining. We are encouraging him to use his words, but we have a way to go with this.

Carter is also soaking up everything around him. This week, he grabbed his brush and tried to brush his hair. It is fun to see that he is connecting items with what they are used for {rather than just putting them in his mouth}. I am also trying to get him off of the bottle. He does pretty well during the day drinking from a sippy cup, but he still seems to prefer the bottle both first thing in the morning and at night {meaning that he doesn't really drink anything from a sipppy, but will drink it all from a bottle}. Any suggestions?

On a sad note, it appears that Dontrelle has left us for greener pastures. We saw him on Tuesday before work, but we haven't seen him since. He is an inside/outside cat, so it wasn't unusual for him to be roaming, but I am afraid that he might not be making a return appearance. He hasn't ever been gone this long before, so I am telling myself that he must have found something or somewhere more exciting. He has a microchip, so if someone were to find him, hopefully, he could be returned to us. We have had him for 5 years this month, so I am so sad for him not to be with us anymore. We miss you, D-train. :(

**Dontrelle has returned! :) The twins next door just walked him back over to our house. They said they saw him chasing a squirrel in their backyard. Still no idea where he's been since Tuesday, but he was really hungry when he got here! After he ate, he wanted to go back out. My guess is that Nick's supposition was correct...he probably got closed in someone's garage. Welcome home, buddy kitty!**


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

StaceyLWillis said...

I might cry over loosing Donny! I helped raise him as a kitten and he comforted me through my first few weeks of grad school. We will miss you Dontrelle!

Caroline said...

Awe, so glad you kitty returned. I would be so sad if Caffrey disappeared! My girlfriend lost her cat and someone returned her like 6 months later!! Crazy.
As far as the sippy cup goes, for Julianna I just went in one morning with a sippy cup. I had all the bottles stored away and she didn't have a choice. It took her a day or 2 but once she realized it was her only option she did great.

Button said...

I'm glad to know that "D-Train" has returned!

Carter is really moving now! I am always so excited to read what new adventures he's up to.

Love you!
Aunt B

Leigh Collins said...

Mary Mac easily made the move to a sippy cup and never looked back, but Anna, on the other hand, was a little more tough to get her over it. I did the same as Caroline and just moved the bottles to another location (just in case) and then only offered her the cup. I never had to "teach" Mary Mac how to use a cup, but I did with Mary Mac! Who knows - they're all so different!!!

Jennie-Marie said...

Oh I'm so glad Dontrelle is home!! i guess i should have read the updated part. I've been watching for a "safe return from his vacation/safari post"

Habeggers said...

I'm so glad that your kitty has returned! What a relief it must have been for you.

Unknown said...

I am soooo relieved that "the Train" has returned. I knew all along that a cat with his outside skills had not fallen victem to any of the usual trials out there. Still, I worried about him and am thrilled he has returned to the fold. How like him to tend his outside responsibilities before coming home to eat. I am thrilled for all of you.:)
Love
Bamma