Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Can I get any cuter?

I know I am biased (aren't all parents?!?), but I truly think he is precious! And just when I think he can't get any cuter, I look at him and, darn, if he hasn't gotten cuter just to spite me! :)

Sorry for the blogging hiatus. I know I give my blogging friends a hard time when they go too long between posts, because I get disappointed when I check their blogs for a while without new updates. I try to be--and most of the time, I am--a faithful blogger, but the past week has been an exception. I wish that I could tell you that there is a good reason for that--some big issue with work or, better yet, something fun on the homefront. Obviously, there is no such reason. We just haven't really been up to much. It was ridiculously cold here this past weekend with highs of something unfortunate, like 12 degrees (even though it didn't snow, thank goodness!), so we spent the weekend hibernating and trying to stay warm. That doesn't really lend itself to fun pictures to share...so we took some of him having fun in his exersaucer to share instead.

Carter is really doing well. He continues to grow and learn, and it just amazes me. I love to watch him as he plays; it is almost as though I can see him thinking about what he is about to do--grab for a toy, roll over, squeal, etc. It is so fun for me! He is trying to sit up, and he can do it pretty well for a while and then he just dive bombs in one direction or another. He'll get there eventually.

I can hardly believe that 5 months have passed since he was born...well, 5 months on Sunday, so close enough. While there have definitely been some tough days (and nights!), I absolutely can't imagine our lives without him. As I have said before, everything in my life seems at least a little different--and for the most part, a little better--because I am Carter's mom.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kelli said...

So thankful for the update! I was starting to get worried! Just kidding. Carter IS adorable! They are just too cute at this age! They are learning new things every day! Keep on posting!

Love,
Kelli

Button said...

I'm so glad to see the new pictures of Carter! He is getting SOOOO big! I can't wait to see him in a few weeks (and y'all too). He gets cuter with every passing day!

Jennie-Marie said...

Yeaa more pictures of Carter!!! Sorry you are having to hibernate, we are too kind of. I'm ready for Spring!

Caroline said...

Very cute pics!!!

I ordered something from Giggly Graces that I saw as one of your links... she asked how I found out about her and was really excited to hear it was on your blog!
Caroline

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder what was
going on in Indianapolis. I agree
he is getting cuter and I can't wait to see him and ya'll again.
Granny Pat