Friday, December 23, 2011

Run, Run As Fast as You Can...

...You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!

Carter has been saying this for the past couple of weeks because they have been reading the book at school. Last weekend, he asked if we could make gingerbread man cookies. That seemed like a pretty good idea for an activity that would keep us busy for a while on our first day all together for the Christmas break.

So, I enlisted my assistant pastry chefs. This one had obviously been busy already since she has flour on her face.


I used this recipe from SL's Dec issue. Was pretty easy and actually pretty tasty--I am not a huge gingerbread cookie fan.

After waiting the required amount of time for the dough to refrigerate, it was time to get to cutting our gingerbread men {and women} out.


Cut gingerbread cookies waiting to be transferred to the pan.
Who can resist watching the little guys/gals cook in the oven?
As Carter called them: Naked Gingerbread Men cooling and waiting to be iced.
One of the perks of being the assistant pastry chefs is that you get to lick the beaters from the roy.al icing! I am pretty sure this was the highlight of the gingerbread man making.

Finally, the gingerbread people were iced and ready to eat and share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will you do it again? They were mighty tasty. (Thanks for sharing.)
love
Bamma