Thursday, August 12, 2010

Swim Lesson update

Carter has been doing really great at swim lessons. This is the second week, and he's been doing three nights a week. Usually, Nick takes him, but after he was showing off his skills on Monday night, Nick suggested that I go to the next lesson to see how much he has progressed.

I must admit that I was a little worried as we waited for Coach Cal to finish his lesson before us, because Carter was whining that he didn't want to go over to the edge of the pool. However, when Coach Cal said, "You ready, buddy?" Carter went straight over to the pool and jumped in.

Then he showed off his ability to swim from the wall to Coach Cal, from Coach Cal to the wall, to bounce from the bottom of the pool, up to take a breath and then swim to the side, and then his ability to jump into the water from the side, take a breath and swim back to the side.

I was impressed.

Below are some pictures that I took {with my phone, so they aren't great} that show off some of the skills he's been learning.



We are very proud of the progress he's made and look forward to continuing to work on his swimming skills!

3 comments:

Button said...

Looks like he really IS turning into a fish! YAY!!! Before you know it, he'll want to spend the entire summer "in Bamma's pool!"

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Kelli said...

WOW. I am very impressed at his skills! I've resigned myself to the fact that Avi won't learn to swim until next summer. I just didn't get it together and get her some lessons this summer, and we really were not at a pool at all since I was hugely pregnant and it was so hot! Oh well. There's always next summer. So proud of Carter!

Murphy Family said...

That is AWESOME! I am VERY impressed with his skills. Great job Carter!