Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our 4th of July Weekend

Well, you could probably guess where we went for the 4th of July weekend. We headed back down to the beach to celebrate the 4th {which is also my dad's birthday}. The children and I drove down on Thursday night and the intention was for Nick to drive down Friday after work.
Unfortunately, Nick's car died as he was headed to work on Friday morning {but also fortunately, in that he/we were not on the road to the beach with two children and a dog and hours away from someone who could help} . My brother took some time out of his morning to help Nick out since the rest of us were at the beach, and his sister was kind enough to loan Nick her car for the weekend since they were going out of town {ahh...the benefits of having family close by...}

So, while Nick spent the weekend in Birmingham researching and test driving new cars, the kiddos and I enjoyed some quality time with my parents and sister. Sadly, because I was without my spouse, I took fewer pictures than is usual for me when we go down there...BUT, we had a great time!
Carter couldn't get enough swimming in. I swear, he is becoming VERY fearless around the water...a good, but also scary thing!
Waiting at the door to the pool for me to get all of the "gear" situated. I just felt like it was safer to have my two inside until I could have my attention focused completely on them.
Bamma pointing out the dolphin swimming in the harbor to Carter. He loved them! We got to see them several times while we were down there. We sure are glad that they still love to come in the harbor to get their dinner...no oil there yet!


Taking a break from swimming. Callen wanted to make sure she wasn't missing anything.

We celebrated Dad's birthday on Saturday night and Sunday, and got to see some great fireworks--Carter even braved it and stayed up for them! We were glad to get back and see Nick on Sunday night and enjoyed some pool time late on Monday afternoon.

Now...just to take care of that car situation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all hate it when you leave. We LOVE having you with us at our favorite place in the world - LBF.
love and see you soon,
Bamma