Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ten Years!!!

Although it is hard for me to believe, this month marks 10 years since I graduated from college. My pledge class decided to try to get together to mark the occasion, so Friday night I headed to Tuscaloosa to spend the night here:


As folks arrived and got ready for the evening, this is what the refreshments looked like in the TV room:
Quite a bit different than the study snacks we had there when we were in school! The house has definitely changed. It has been updated quite a bit and while I was really a fan of most of the updates {especially the nicer bathrooms!}, I have to admit that I thought they went a little overboard with all of the composites everywhere. I mean a few would be okay, but they covered just about any open wall space on the second floor! One thing hadn't changed, though, and that is how the house smelled. I know that sounds weird, but there is just a distinctive smell about the house that was still there. It isn't a bad smell; just a smell that I remembered from 10 years ago!
We had some time to catch up at the house before heading out. Mary Ruffin and I were excited to be back in the room we shared for the two years we lived in the house {but we were both glad we were only in those twin beds on the sleeping porch for two nights!}.

roomies

After a yummy dinner at Chuck.s Fish, we decided to go out for a little while. It had been a LONG time since any of us had had something like this on the backs of our hands:
What started out as going out for a few drinks, wound up keeping us out entertaining the piano players at the piano bar until the bar we went to closed at 1:00! At that point, it was way, way past my bedtime so I opted to go back to the house with a few of the girls, while the rest made another stop!
I headed back home on Saturday morning after a relaxing few hours at the spa with everyone, so I missed many of the girls who came just for Saturday night. I hated to miss seeing folks, but I loved getting to catch up with those I saw! It's amazing to me how much and how little can change in 10 years!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How quickly time flies. I distinctly remember every lump in the pull out couch in the quest room when you were Rush Chair. My back will never be ethe same. At least you had an egg crate. BUT, I would not have missed it for the world.
love
BAmma

Button said...

I still remember Bid Day and being there when you pledged. It doesn't seem like that long ago! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Love you!
Aunt B