Saturday, April 18, 2009

Is it summer yet?

We only wish, but we'll take what we can get! We had a BEAUTIFUL day yesterday, with temperatures almost into the 70s! Other than a trip to the grocery store and Carter's nap (which I still spent outside), we spent ALL DAY outside. All he wanted to do was go "out-side." In fact, at one point when I realized that my pathetically white arm was a little red, I even dragged him inside for sunscreen and a hat. I guess that is what 5 months of hibernation will do to you.
While we were enjoying all the sunshine, Carter asked for a snack. However, when I tried to get him to come inside to eat it, he threw a fit. So, I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to take the snack outside. I wanted to have a little cheese and cracker picnic on our freshly mowed grass, but figured that, if we did that, Wrigley would have a snack before Carter could. As a result, Carter ended up snacking at the patio table. {Make no mistake, Wrigley still tried to claim some of it for her own...so I had to put her inside until Carter could finish!}
I thought the little fella looked too cute to resist taking a few pictures and sharing them!
Chipmunk cheeks

Really, Mom? I am trying to eat here.

Ok, fine.

This was when I asked him to smile! He always squints his eyes.

We fully intend to take advantage of the continued warm weather today when Carter wakes up from his nap. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and bring in some more cold weather before it warms up again at the end of next week.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Button said...

I'm glad the weather is nice for y'all--it's windy and VERY overcast down here! Can't wait to see y'all at LBF this summer. It will be GREAT!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Unknown said...

Come on down !!!!! Temp is fine and we are waiting.
love,
Bamma and Big Pat

Leslie said...

Hope the warm weather lasts!! I am so ready for summer! I definitely want the pizza crust recipe!! Even though it needs to rise for an hour, that would be less time than waiting on the bought dough to thaw! Send both the wheat and the white if you get a chance! Thanks! Oh, email is kerrigan4@bellsouth.net!!