Saturday, February 7, 2009

No need for toys...still

Carter is as busy as ever these days. It is so hard for me to believe that he is almost 18 months old!

Just as I posted about before, Carter continues to find ways to entertain himself that have very little to do with his toys.
Lately, he has been pulling all the toys out of his cabinet in our family room upstairs and climbing in the cabinet. Sometimes, he shuts himself in there and then swings the door wide open as if to surprise us! It is really funny. I am constantly amazed by his ability to entertain himself (a trait in which I was remarkably deficient as a child)!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen - and now you see how WONDERFUL it is for children to be able and actually entertain themselves. I told you so.
Love to all,
Bamma and Big Pat

Anna & Greg said...

He is so cute, Sue! I can't believe he's 18 months! You will soon have a two-year-old! You and Nick will need to have another one soon :)

Maggie Pelton said...

Count your blessings! Mags is just now able to somewhat entertain herself. It's exhausting sometimes!

Leslie said...

There was totally a collective gasp at the home depot scene!! Guess that was happening all over the country. I mean, HOME DEPOT!!! I would have hit him and run out of the store!!

Looks like Carter is having fun in the cabinet!! :)

Button said...

You were/are the middle child! You expect to BE entertained! I'm glad that Carter-man is learning that you can have fun no matter where you are!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Anonymous said...

There are those (and I won't say who) who are unhappy with the infrequency with which Carter's blog is updated. The term "unacceptable" has even been tossed around. Now, I'm not saying I feel this way; I'm just letting you know.
-Steve

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

how do they find the stuff you don't need or wat to have pulled out? i think kids have a radar sense for things they're not supposed to get into...must go pull emily from the bookshelf now...