Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Waiting Game

Memorial Day Weekend 2007--Steve was brave enough to let us drive the boat!

Well, it's August 19th, and Clete seems to be taking his/her sweet time in deciding when to arrive! I was hoping that the next post would be of him or her, but at the prodding of my brother and father (perhaps the two least likely candidates to regularly check the blog--at least I thought so!), I decided to post an update.

I have now been on maternity leave from work for 4 weeks, and the first two or so went by quickly as I cooked, cleaned, and did all of the errands and tasks I had been putting off until I was off of work. The last two weeks, however, have been a different story.

Many thanks to my friends who have done everything to keep me occupied and my wonderful husband who has encouraged me to tag along to golf outings and done all in his power to entertain me when he gets home from work! :)

I am trying to wait as patiently as possible--I know that God's timing for the birth of our child is perfect; we just eagerly await meeting the little one! We'll keep you posted when he or she arrives!


3 comments:

Susie said...

hang in there girl! i did the same thing with noah! i thought for sure he would come early and quit work at the end of july! it was a long month as of course he would come late! i'll keep checking on your progress!

Anna & Greg said...

Can't wait for him/her to arrive! I'm thinking of you, and am eager to see your newest family member!

Michael said...

I am enjoying the blog; especially since Nick gave me so much grief for "letting Kristi put up a blog" for our wedding. If it were me, I'd probably order a pizza and drink a few beers to ease the boredom. However, even though I am no expert on pregnancy, i think you should just get the pizza and I'll buy you a beer in Vegas. Good luck!