Friday, June 4, 2010

9 months!

Miss Callen celebrated her 9 month birthday last Wednesday! While she was livin' it up {ha, ha...don't you know she was in bed by 7?!?}, I found myself wondering just when did time start FLYING by.

We had her 9 month appointment today--with a new pediatrician, of sorts. New to her, I guess. Dr. Smith was my pediatrician growing up, and I wasn't satisfied with the pediatrician's office we had first gone to when we moved, so we switched! I absolutely loved my pediatrician and her office in Indy and I didn't want to settle for less than that here in Bham. At any rate, Dr. Smith was very pleased with her development and growth. She weighed 18lbs, 13oz {50th percentile} and was 28.5in long {~75th percentile}. He said that was a great place for her to be. We got the go ahead for any table foods {minus the allergenic variety} that we can get to the right consistency for her to eat!

At 9 months, Callen is just starting to get mobile. In the last week, she has mastered some sort of modified army crawl and can really get around with it. The form leaves something to be desired, and I swear her knees are going to be raw from it, but she can certainly get where she wants to go. Callen has also gotten really strong when standing. She is currently trying to pull up on things and can stand up assisted if you stand her up holding on to something. She adores her big brother...almost breaks her neck to try to find him when she hears him. We are loving every minute with her and soaking in these last few months of baby before she turns into our little toddler!

2 comments:

Button said...

Such a CUTIE!!! I can't believe she's nine months old already! And I'm sure that "Dr. Boo" just loved her!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Columbia Post-Bacc said...

Hi! This might seem a bit random, but I stumbled upon your blog... because MY name is Callen Willis! I'm 25, from Texas (though living and going to school in NY) and I think it's awesome that there's another little girl Callen Willis out there! She's so cute! 9 months is a great age.:)